[ale] Model M to USB?

Scott Denlinger scott at scottdenlinger.com
Sun Dec 12 21:25:26 EST 2010

I am beginning to think about building a new system, and I'm quickly realizing
that new system boards don't come with PS/2 keyboard adapters anymore. But I
will NOT part with my Model M keyboard. It's the real thing--part number
1391401--and I've had it since 1988. I even have a newer compatible one ready to
cannibalize for parts if the need should arise.

According to the Model M Wikipedia page there might be some issues with common
PS/2 to USB adapters, due to power issues. Can anyone shed any light on this? Or
recommend a specific adapter?

Thanks.

Scott Denlinger