[ale] ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 19:52:37 EST 2010

On 12/06/2010 09:11 AM, Scott Castaline wrote:
> Is anybody running Linux on this particular motherboard? Which distro?
As it turns out this is the only M4A series with AMD's 800 series that
does have compatibility issues. I had been banging my head trying to
find any list of the 880 or 890 chipsets through Google. With
MicroCenter's tech's help we found the list on Ubuntu under ASUS M4
Series motherboards and that seemed to be the only one not on there. I
wound up exchanging it for ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 and so far that seems
to be working. At least it booted up from CMOS settings without any
hitch. Haven't powered down yet. It did however change my drive boot
order, which I had to reset a 2nd time and then booted.