[ale] Boot issue coming back again

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 09:26:11 EST 2010

Friends:

The title of this was
Boot issues - OR - why Mafia$oft hurts/disappoints everyone endlessly
Its time to provide update on where I am on the Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Ubuntu
Server/MythUbuntu/MythDora installs on the troubled machine of 2 HD setup.

I removed both drives.  Then I connected the NTFS drive just by itself.
Installed MythUbuntu and all went fine (had some cd issues but finally burnt
one at 1X speed and got it to work).

After install, restarted machine and went back to the infamous UNABLE TO
SYNC VFS UKNOWN BLOCK error.

I then downloaded Hitachi's Drive Fitness Test cd and ran a complete test of
the drive to check for any defects.  NO DEFECTS FOUND.  So drive seems to be
fine.

One more thing left, I will wipe the drive clean tonight and try it again.
I will also send the screen shot so folks can take a look at that as well.

I may try DEBIAN also, but first I will wipe the drive clean.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

-Narahari