[ale] Free as in Freedom Linux servers needed

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 11:37:39 EST 2010

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 7:55 PM, arxaaron <arxaaron at gmail.com> wrote:

> It case any of the fans of the U.S. Constitution on the list
> might dare to walk the walk for freedom and free speech:
>
> <http://www.wikileaks.nl/mass-mirror.html>
>
> peace
> aaron

Anyone in the US considering this might note that:

- Julian Assange is possibly going to be charged with espionage by the
USA (and others I believe)

- Assisting him or wikileaks might be considered conspiracy to commit espionage

The Constitutional right to free speech is unlikely to work as an
excuse if you are charged with conspiracy.  I don't think Assange
would need to be convicted for a charge of conspiracy to be brought.

I am just assuming there would be an appropriate federal conspiracy
law for this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_%28crime%29#Conspiracy_in_the_United_States

IANAL
Greg