[ale] gpg2 --gen-key requires password which it won't take or use

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 18:19:48 EST 2010

Had you said "Have you tried rebooting" I'd have put you on a list for a
pounding!

:-)

It's looking like the new gpg-agent crap that manages the passphrase process
is just broken for a commandline only situation. It's supposed to popup a
curses-based "now what?" environment but that doesn't work over an ssh
connection. I can manually get an "OK. Your orders please" line out of
pinentry but it seems gpg-agent can't find it _AND_ there is no conf file
around to define it in.

packaging error.