[ale] need help with nagios plugin

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 11:59:01 EST 2010

Guys,

I need a bit of help, right not I am very upset about the lack of help
I got from the #nagios chat room. I need help with my bash script.
Sorry, I am still a bit of nood on script. I am having an issue with
the syntax.

I have a custom plugin I wrote...see at the bottom. It works I am
getting output, but no prefdata. I have for a link that explain how to
get perfdata, http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/developer-guidelines.html#AEN201
2.6

label'=value[UOM];[warn];[crit];[min];[max]

The output I get is....

Total number of Tengu rules are at 8762

I know base of the line about I should be able to get this

tengu=8762; 9000;10000;0

My problem is how to I tell my script this is perfdata do I do some
thing this...

perfdata () { tengu=$r;$w;$c;0}

Is that right?

Chuck

======================================

#!/bin/sh

count () { rm /tmp/tencount ; if [ tengubin =
'/usr/local/magi/bin/tengu' ] ; then /usr/local/magi/bin/tengu
countnolines >> /tmp/tencount ; else /usr/local/magi/bin/fyre
countnolines >> /tmp/tencount; fi ; cat /tmp/tencount ;}

r=$(count)

#test critical
#r=12000

#test warning
#r=9005

w=9000

c=10000

if [ "$r" -gt "$c" ]
then
	echo "Total number of Tengu rules are $r and is CRITICAL"
	RETVAL=2
elif [ "$r" -gt "$w" ]
then
	echo "Warning: Total number of Tengu rules are at $r"
	RETVAL=1
else
	echo "Total number of Tengu rules are at $r"
	RETVAL=0
fi
echo $RETVAL

openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member