[ale] Installing current Debian Sid

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 17:48:58 EDT 2010

I'm pretty sure you encountered problems because testing ("squeeze")
is currently frozen. When testing gets frozen, sid feels some side
effects. While testing is frozen it gets the primary focus and sid
gets to have broken packages for longer than normal.

Back when I ran Debian on a desktop (admittedly several years ago now)
I had no problems installing stable and then dist-upgrading to sid.
But I learned real fast not to try and even do an `apt-get update &&
apt-get upgrade` when testing was in freeze mode.