[ale] Truly remote desktop aka terminal services client/server in Linux, Does it exist ?

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Mon Aug 30 14:06:56 EDT 2010

I would highly recommend nomachine http://www.nomachine.com .
It is a commercial package, but is free for up to two users per device.
Uses ssh and the display is fast and looks like you are at the console.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> "Narahari 'n' Savitha" <savithari at gmail.com> 8/30/2010   12:46 PM >>>
Hello:

Is there truly a Remote Desktop in Linux like the Windoze world ?

What I mean  ?

Option 1:
=======
In Windoze world, I can remote desktop to a diff machine and then I can work
on something say at 11:00 pm

I can then disconnect and then get back to the same window/session at 06:00
am to see what happened.

Even better if I use the mstsc /console option I go to the console windows.

Option 2:
=======

In Windoze world, I can use vnc client and connect to a Vnc Server and it is
the console all the time.

Then I can run something, disconnect and then I can reconnect back later and
I am on the console again.

Now, on Linux aka *BUNTU* is this even possible at all ?

-Narahari