[ale] ALE ale outing : attempts at socializing generally unsociable people

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Tue Aug 24 17:17:55 EDT 2010

Jim Kinney wrote:
> Fall is approaching (yay!) and we've missed the mark for a summer ALE
> social get-together. Should we try for a fall geek, food, beer, tech
> fest? Show off your tech or cooking or brewing (or drinking) skills?
>
> Outdoors is nice but variable weather wise. Public parks are really nice
> but no beer. Private houses are nice but crowded. Rentable spaces are
> nice but we're just not that organized (and probably never will be :-)
>
> Ideas? Comments?

Actually, I can rent the clubhouse in our neighborhood for a pretty
reasonable penny. Has wifi as well.  Grills on the outside and a deck.
If folks are interested, I'll look into it.

The upside for me, is, well, close to me.  Others may not like the
location.  Look at a map where i575 and i75 meet?  I'm sitting right in
the Y.