[ale] October meeting topic - SELinux

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 11:14:27 EDT 2010

I have informed Aaron I will give a meeting in October on SELinux. I am
tinkering with SEPostgres - yes, that's SELinux extensions for PostgreSQL! -
and wanted a feel for interest, i.e. how far down the rabbit hole should I
look at for the talk?

NOTE: My talks are notoriously long - I think the last one was 90 minutes -
and this one will likely be no different.

I'm looking at an overview of SELinux and how to work with it, uses of the
multi-level, multi-category security model (much more than the "strict"
mode) and a practical example of a database using it natively (along with
the process of patch -n- build, etc).

James P. Kinney III
I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.