[ale] MS-SQL as slave/backup to MySQL

Mon Aug 23 22:19:12 EDT 2010

Wait... what do you really want to do? You say "so that the
Microsofties can backup the data and do adhoc reports with the tools
they know." What does "backup the data" mean? If I tell one of my
employees, "backup the data," I'm asking them to write the data to a
backup. Even if you take MSSQL out of it... If you want a MySQL slave
you can write to, you are not going to get it. Now, throw in this
MSSQL system... impossible squared.

If you s/can backup/can have a backup/ to your request below... and
add in a few other restrictions about how the data is kept up to
date... you could pull it off. I've done it.

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 6:43 PM, Mike Harrison <cluon at geeklabs.com> wrote:

> Ok, it's probably a stupid idea, but I am being asked if anyone
> has ever slaved a MS-SQL system to a MySQL system
> so that the Microsofties can backup the data and do adhoc reports
> with the tools they know.
>
> Couldn't find anything googling.. but I may not know the proper things to
> be searching for.
>
> Shoot me.. I feel some pain coming on...

.!# RichardBronosky #!.