[ale] Why I run emacs

Michael Potter michael at potter.name
Fri Aug 20 17:18:00 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Michael B. Trausch <mike at trausch.us> wrote:
>  snip
> Honestly, I would be *truly* happy if there were an editor like Emacs
> that was always in input mode (command mode in vi is evil, especially on
> low bandwidth, high latency links where you can't keep track of what
> fscking mode you're in),
> snip

That is weird.  I find vi especially useful on low bandwidth, high
latency links.

That is probably because I have been using vi for so long my brain has
delegated knowing what mode I am to my fingers. ;).

vim has some add-on that allow programming it in Perl; some years ago
I tried it once and it bloated up the memory footprint of vim so I
stopped trying to use it.  That is probably not an issue today.