[ale] Android Tablets

arxaaron arxaaron at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 13:28:10 EDT 2010

On 2010/08/20, at 10:29 , Jerald Sheets wrote:

> On Aug 20, 2010, at 10:20 AM, James Sumners wrote:
>>
>> So if a device doesn't work like you think it should, and you know it
>> does things to prevent you from making it work like you think it
>> should, just don't buy it.
>

> Precisely.  good word, James.

And, I believe, precisely the same thing that everyone who
has stated they would NOT buy an iPad has been saying.
For many of us that choice goes on to include any similar
closed use, inextensible, proprietary, freedom restricting
technology.  There are very valid reason for this choice
that don't warrant any derisive head shaking at all.

In the Consumerist, Corporate Welfare State that we are
currently forced to struggle to survive in, the only voice or
vote being left to we human beings is our wallets, though
that vote is being devalued with every corporate welfare
bailout and concession and, in this country the wallet vote
is now almost worthless due to the recent Supreme Corrupt
declaration that corporapist conglomerates are "persons"
that cannot be restrained from corrupting and usurping our
government, undermining our democracy and dismantling
the United States Constitution.

So, no matter how diminished they may become, my wallet
vote will never go to products that erode my civil liberties
and my consumer voice will be used to criticize them. In
the same vein, all my other votes and voices will be devoted
to dismantling the institutions of corruption that, by the
nature of their very design, are constantly assaulting
our human rights as well.

peace
aaron