[ale] how do I boot a Virtualbox vm from a USB HDD

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Tue Aug 17 14:38:35 EDT 2010

I may not be able to experiment with this for a few days, but I wanted to
go ahead and put this out to see what you guys think.  Thanks in advance
for responses.  I need to capture screen images to work on the slides
mentioned in the Linux Fest post above.  I need to capture them from a
virtual machine running in Virtualbox inside of Ubuntu 10.04.  Now, I know
I can do that by hitting print screen.  The catch is that the system I'm
testing is too large for CD or for the virtual HDD inside the virtual
machine.  I have to boot the virtual machine from an external USB HDD
attached to the host, but the virtual machine boot screen only allows
booting it from the virtual HDD, CD, or network.  Any idea how I can get
the virtual machine to boot from USB?

Sincerely,

Ron