[ale] good python tutorial

Mills John M-NPHW64 Jmills at motorola.com
Thu Aug 12 09:39:57 EDT 2010

Geoffrey -

I find it a bit "CS-ish" for my motivation of automatic testing, but
it's well organized, attractively presented and free in electronic
formats:
 [http://diveintopython.org]

It does assume some familiarity with software, preferably programming
familiarity, and the examples concentrate on handling files and web
actions. Depending on her background it might be a match - or not: and
certainly worth a look.

A bit dryer but perhaps easier for a 'newbie' would be 'Learning Python'
from O'Reilly - available in DRM-free electronic formats. (Does ALE have
a user-group discount?)

 - Mills