[ale] VOTE for VERIFIABLE ELECTIONS TODAY!

Robbie Honerkamp robbie at ding.net
Wed Aug 11 11:12:28 EDT 2010

On 8/11/2010 10:54 AM, Bob Toxen wrote:

> It amazes me how many folks continue to blame Bush for things that
> happened after he no longer was President and in some cases after he
> was even a Governor.  It's OK if you don't like the guy but why tell
> lies about him?  I don't like Obama but when he does something right I
> will say so.
>
> The voting system we have now in Georgia came as a direct result of the
> corruption (in my opinion) of Karen Handle, now running for Governor.
> Aaron is our hero in working tirelessly to try to change it.

It amazes me how many folks continue to blame Karen Handel for things
that happened before she was Secretary of State. It's OK if you don't
like the lady, but why tell lies about her?

The voting system we have now in Georgia came from Cathy Cox, who was
the Secretary of State who directed the computerization of our voting
system in Georgia, and who didn't think that any sort of vote
verification system was needed.

Now, I *do* blame Handel for not taking on reforming the bad system she
inherited once she was elected. But saying the whole thing was her fault
(or that she was somehow involved in "corruption" related to it) is just
crazy.

Robbie