[ale] Linux without any of the XUBUNTU, GNOME, KUBUTNU but simple window manager

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 12:49:54 EDT 2010

If you have a weak machine any of the three would be good.

damn small linux -- http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/
puppy linux -- http://puppylinux.org/main/index.php?file=Overview%20and%20Getting%20Started.htm
slackware -- http://www.slackware.org/

All of these are greate for old machines. Slackware to me is the best
of the three, though there is no gnome. You can find Gnome from one of
the distro base on gnome. If you are wanting to go the route of
*buntu, just do Debian, it is the King when it comes to older
hardware.

Geentoo is cool, but the liast person I saw do an emerge it took him
three days. That was on P4 with 1G of memory.

Pup