[ale] Fedora 13 DNS weirdness

Joe Knapka jknapka at kneuro.net
Sun Aug 8 13:00:20 EDT 2010

On 08/09/2010 10:36 AM, Greg Clifton wrote:
> Well, then I suppose enlightenment is not to be found through google
> ;-) Or else some other part of your anatomy needs to be googled off,
> perhaps your fingers?

Perhaps.  I found it extremely frustrating that my usual sources of
information (apropos, man, info) and some geeky tools (tcpdump, strace)
led to no enlightenment whatsoever on this issue.  The googling took
place later, when I had a working network connection, and was equally
un-enlightening.

Which makes me genuinely wonder: am I just stupid?  Is there some source
of enlightenment that I'm completely missing?  If an experienced Linux
user like myself could not find this critical piece of information (nscd
must be restarted when moving between wifi networks) using system-local
documentation and tools, then what hope for the newbie?

-- JK