[ale] Recommendations for basic blender tutorial?

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 12:46:26 EDT 2010

So I had my first encounter with Blender ( http://www.blender.org/ )
this weekend.  I was very impressed. But it's clear that even learning
to hack some basic shapes in Blender is gonna take some guidance.  I
poked around the web a little and found some video tutorials, but I
can't load them in another tab or hold them in my lap and refer to
them.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a good basic Blender
book?  There're 7 or 8 at bn.com, including a couple of incredibly
evil search composite books and a Dummies book.  Anyone out there seen
something worthwhile?  I'm primarily interested in making solid files
for 3d printing, rather than animation.

-- CHS