[ale] NFS Oddity

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Thu Aug 5 20:58:32 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Robert L. Harris
<robert.l.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
> except for 2 directories.  However, on pyramid, the mounting host, if
> I do an ls
> in each directory, they both show the contents of offsite.
> I have multiple hosts mounting /backup and they see the contents of
> /offsite also so
> it's not the client.  Anyone seen anything like this?

Yes, I saw that when someone used "fsid=22" for two different filesystems,
I believe.  Using a different fsid for the different filesystems cleared up the
issue.

(I think you provided two unlabeled fstab-ish lines without any fsid
specifications,
so maybe your problem is unrelated, but I'm just answering the question as
stated.)

--
  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>
  http://noserose.net/e/