[ale] email question

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 09:50:22 EDT 2010

I went to doing all the ail tossing over at Gmail before I pull it locally.
 Also, I moved from POP to IMAP.  It works much more flawlessly, takes the
mail tossing overhead and pushes it to Google, and now I can sync between my
Macbook, my iPhone, and my iPad and everything always has all my mail no
matter where I'm coming from.

I used to do the mail rules all on my Macbook, but once I moved it all to
IMAP + Gmail, Mac Mail sped WAAAY up.  At last count, I have email dating
back as far as 1998 and I currently have more than 44,000 emails archived
there but am only using about a Gig of my allotted 7G of space.

Even if you POP, do all your tossing and filtering on the Gmail end.  It
appears to have gone a very long way in my case.

---
Jerald M. Sheets jr.