[ale] Decent low-cost AGP graphics card for a server

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Wed Aug 4 14:42:13 EDT 2010

Greg -

Depending on where the server will live and where your chair is, another
option would be exporting your desktop with *VNC and logging in remotely.
I have a dinosaur server that only supports 800x600 display at its MB, but
vncserver doesn't depend on the graphics card.

I recall an old, _old_ ALE thread on VNC exporting a regular X11 login
panel if you want a "real" session: _someone_ on ALE probably remembers
how to do that.

Just a thought.

  - Mills