[ale] XFS on Linux - Is it ready for prime time?

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 09:45:59 EDT 2010

Greg Freemyer wrote:
<snipped>
> In what I proposed, all 3 drives in a mirror would have valid data on them.
>
> In case of failure, the hotspare I mentioned could then be pulled in
> and synced, but you have a full 2-disk mirror even before that
> happens.

So if I wanted to do this for an upcoming server build where would I
find a good walkthru of the process?  (I've never fooled around with
RAID arrays)

I've been in 'laptop land' for the last several years and want to build
myself a new home server.  seems like a good time to try something new.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/