[ale] geezer notice with meeting idea

m-aaron-r aaron at pd.org
Thu Apr 29 22:31:34 EDT 2010

I like this idea a LOT, but I'm thinking it needs to be
more than a 2 hour geek gathering of breathing moth
ball fumes.

I'd like to propose that we make it an ART exhibit.

"AnTEques:  The Lost Arts of Technological Innovation"

I'm about 90% certain that I could convince my fellow
volunteers at the all volunteer Eyedrum Art and Music
Gallery to host this kind of installation for a week or
three.  It would be an especially easy if sell we focused
on presenting particularly creative exhibits of working
gadgetry and components that could be enjoyed by
patrons interactively.

Anything involving reviving these old toys is going to require
some investments of time... BUT...  with a little coordinated
group effort in making selections of best examples and preparing
a 12 or 18 exhibits,  this plan would allow us to reach a much
broader audience and make any time we put into it much
more worthwhile.

If everyone in this group did a little basement archeology,
I don't doubt that we could fill the MoMA with interesting
modern relics of Ar-tech-stic gadgetry.  We could probably
get to about 80% of that goal with just five people: Jim Kinney,
Charles Shapiro, Brian Pitts, myself and my techno-trash
recycler friend Tim.

I'm happy to cary this idea forward if interest is expressed
from others here.

peace
aaron