[ale] geezer notice with meeting idea

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Thu Apr 29 13:37:29 EDT 2010

On Thu April 29 2010, Jim Kinney wrote:
> How true! That older hardware is more robust than some of this newer stuff.
>
> Hmm. A build-it demo to create a solid system for the blind would make a
> good group project. And we likely have enough older hardware around that
> would make a decent system or two. I know I have a pair of working
> P4/celeron level mobos with ram and sound. Not fast enough to run hulu in
> full screen mode but solid web browsers.

there is a firm in Conyers that has been doing this for 20 years..

http://www.techable.org/
you might be able to get some hints/tips from them :)

Since 1989, Tech-Able has provided individuals with disabilities, their
families and support professionals access to Assistive Technology devices
through our Lending Library, Demonstrations, Training Classes and Information
and Referral. Thousands of individuals have been helped to meet their
personal, educational, recreational and vocational goals!

What is Assistive Technology?
Assistive Technology is technology used by individuals with disabilities in
order to perform functions that might otherwise be difficult or impossible.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800