[ale] a moment of silence please

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Thu Apr 29 08:34:22 EDT 2010

My mother wanted to join in the computer revolution, and in
consultation with a dealer, her sons, and some other
information settled on a KayPro lugable with dual floppies
and DP/M using WordStar. When it was time to retire the
KayPro about 1987, we shifted her to a Mac, and spent close
to two years trying to get her to use the mouse instead of
the WordStar diamond for cursor control.