[ale] a moment of silence please

Richard Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Wed Apr 28 20:17:26 EDT 2010

I have memories as a tech writer using dual (vertical "toaster" drives)
8" floppy disks...back in the days of DOS and ^B^I^UWordStar^U^I^B.
That was back in the mid-80's and I was just out-of-college.  Went to
working at Sequent Computing Systems after that in Beaverton, Oregon
driving UNIX/DYNIX in building their parallel processing systems (dual
i386 based mainboards w/12 to a cabinet).  Anyone remember RG-8?  Yellow
Garden Hose and old bus networks?  Anyone remember dinosaurs?  I swear
somewhere around here I have an autographed Bible....(hehehe)