[ale] How to hack a bank

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Apr 28 15:23:13 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 15:11 -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> It used to drive me crazy at the office. Of course we had to use
> Outlook, and
> I think it was a game/contest/bragging rights as to who could get the
> FANCIEST signature, with cursive font for their name... and the most
> irritating thing was to attach a WORD DOC to an email! SO instead of
> being
> able to read the info we needed IN the email, we had to open up WORD,
> and
> LO-AND-BEHOLD, the WORD DOC was..... PLAIN TEXT!!!!!!!!!! ( ok, most
> of the
> time it was just text..) but they got to show off the WORDS in a
> FANCY
> FONT...

Maybe it'd get me fired, but I utterly refuse to open attachments if
they are not described to me in the body.  Someone sends me an empty
message body, it hits the bin.

Didn't take people that many times to email me something like that on
the stupid Lotus Notes setup I used to have to use before they got the
point.  If they wanted me to read their message, they sent the message
in the actual email, and told me what the attachments were and what they
were for.

It still pains me to think of Lotus Notes.

	--- Mike

--
Even if their crude and anticompetitive business practices don't make
you think about using their software, their use of sweatshops and child