[ale] How to hack a bank

Jim Philips briarpatch.jim at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 14:38:05 EDT 2010

On 04/28/2010 02:14 PM, William Fragakis wrote:
> For those of us not in the security field, interesting reading.
>
> http://snosoft.blogspot.com/
>
> wf

Yes, the social Web of Facebook and LinkedIn must be a true goldmine for
hackers. I have worked in financial services for about fifteen years.
Many of these companies believe that if they meet all the compliance
rules, they are necessarily secure. It's interesting that PDF's were the
vector here. At one company where I worked, they did everything they
could to block "suspicious" Web sites, but never bothered to warn people
about the dangers of PDF's.