[ale] Hosed WLAN and Boot Partition

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 14:18:48 EDT 2010

On 04/26/2010 12:39 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 12:17 PM, William Fragakis <william at fragakis.com
> <mailto:william at fragakis.com>> wrote:
>
>     If you've never had a
>

> remote
>
>     system go unbootable
>

> just before your anniversary dinner
>
>     , you haven't lived
>

> until you are simultaneously changing your dinner reservations on your
> cell phone while frantically trying to find a working crash cart in the
> colo so you can fsck the drive after the crash and switching back and
> forth between the restaurant and a very irate, and hungry, spouse
> anticipating the theater after the dinner and not the other way around
>
>     .
>
>     Hope it works out for you.
>

> There's always counseling :-)
>

>     wf

> James P. Kinney III
> Actively in pursuit of Life, Liberty and Happiness
> Doing pretty well on all 3 pursuits

I missed my 25th. due to a system that had died. Our anniversary is on
12/29, so it is hard to make reservations anywhere, never mind change
them. On the early morning of the 29th I had to fly out to Vegas for a
supposed dead system not booting. Got there and found somehow the boot
drive cables (both data and power) had loosened up. Re-seated both all
was fine except it was already close to mid-night on the 29th my return
flight was not until late the 30th and my hotel reservation got screwed
up, so I had no place to stay. My credit card was close to maxed so I
went to the airport and was ble to change my flight and got home at 5AM
on the 30th. I was unable to change our 25th anniversary reservations,
leaving me in the dog house for that one.