[ale] ubuntu versus fedora

Richard Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Sun Apr 18 00:51:18 EDT 2010

I run 9.10 on my desktop (has issues w/my GPU's but I've fixed that in
my configs) and have F12 on my Acer Travelmate.  I used to have 9.10 on
the Travelmate but it was really flaky on connecting to my WAP.  I
really didn't want to have two different systems right now but decided
to give it a go anyway.  (I'd rather support a single new OS not two as
I'm converting from M$).  BUT...even with that said I'm finding that F12
is GREAT on my laptop and I'm totally happy with it so far.  The n/w
manager does a MUCH better job and doesn't pose any of the issues that I
had with 9.10.    ---Rich