[ale] OT: open source teaching software

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 09:42:26 EDT 2010

The online school I'm in uses Moodle.

>From the admin perspective (I set it up at home for kicks), it was pretty
easy to get the default install going.  (Not unlike Wordpress, Joomla, or
other PHP-based goodness out there)

Configuration and organization are another thing.

Clearly, the team configuring ours at school are theologians first and
admins second because many people in my class gripe about the poor layout
and difficulty finding things.  I may have somewhat an advantage because I
know how the software itself is designed, so I always seem to be the one
dropping links to particular resources in the forums and via email or even
in our Webinars.

So, if you do the Moodle thing, it is definitely capable.  Just don't slight
the organization/design phase and it should work out fine for you.

---
Jerald M. Sheets jr.