[ale] Cory Doctorow on the Ipad

scott scott at sboss.net
Fri Apr 2 17:44:35 EDT 2010

there is no contact and the SIM is replaceable. So as long as the provider supports 3G and mini-sims (I forgot the actual name of the mini cards), they you can use their network as long as they allow you to.  Since T-Mobile is the preferred carrier for iPhone (and shortly iPad) in Europe they support that technology.  And I know T-Mobile US (unofficially) supports the iPhone since they have offered more than once to switch move from the deathstar over to them.  their techsupport would work with me to do the conversion.  Just like moving any other phone to them.

but it is all a guessing game until the 3G models come out.

Scott