[ale] New laptop

George Allen glallen01 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 21:45:15 EDT 2009

This is currently what I do for windows on my (now deceased) X32
thinkpad- run Virtual Box.

I considered that, although I'm probably just as likely to use
fetchmail/mutt in OS X as I am in linux. I just like ncurses-console
stuff that works well.

I'm not yet sure how much I'd invest in Mac apps- although I do like
the idea of being able to run all my 'productivity apps':
VI/emacs/latex/mutt in OS X.

Can I run any linux standard gnome/kde based apps natively in OS X? My
favorite probably being yakuake or konsole? I think I remember
something about having to run a separate X-server and it not quite
integrating very well w/ the desktop.

Are there still issues with writing to HFS+ from linux? Do mac's play
well with NFS shares? (I'd hope so with BSD underneath).

--
Sent from my mobile device