[ale] [OT] pics from outlook or outlook express

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Sun Sep 27 21:50:02 EDT 2009

Preston Boyington wrote:
> I've just had a friend ask me if there is a way to pull some pics or
> messages out of (guessing) Outlook Express/Outlook that her late husband
> sent to her shortly before he passed.  Through an accident she has lost
> them from her machine and this is the only place she can think the pics
> might still be since his cameraphone was cleared for their daughter.
>
> any suggestions anyone?  i will guess i need something to decrypt
> whatever mailbox these things use.
>
> Suggestion: if you password protect your data please think about
> investing in a firesafe or possibly even a safe deposit box.  she's
> having a terrible time with the banks and several investment companies.
>
> Thanks all.

I would think you could simply copy the associated outlook pst file over
to her machine.  Create a new email account on that machine, then drop
that pst file over the newly created one for the new account.  I've
archived pst files for folks, reloaded a machine and dropped the pst
back in place.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin