[ale] job posting

Sun Sep 27 10:10:12 EDT 2009

My position was based on:
1. Jim has set up a jobs specific mailing list.
2. Good discussion can come from the occational misdirected *nix job
on this list.
3. A misdirected non-*nix job on this list is going to spark a 20 post
flamefest.

I agree that anything other than recruiter dumping ought to be
permitted on the jobs@ list.

On 9/27/09, Robert L. Harris <robert.l.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> If it helps an Ale'r who needs work it should be allowed. If the
> position is for a c## developer in a windows only env, the we may have
> just put an advocate in that environment who can change it from the
> inside. And put a brother or sister back to work.
>
> :wq
> -----------------
> Robert L. Harris
>    sent from my mobile
>
> On Sep 27, 2009, at 1:40, aaron <aaron at pd.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm basically with Jim and Mike on this -- if we are striving
>> to be equitable and open and freedom friendly in terms of our
>> software, we should strive to be likewise in the sharing of
>> our community's resources.
>>
>> If a post to the ale-jobs list comes through an ALE member
>> (someone who subscribes to the list or attends meetings),
>> then I don't think it needs to be Linux specific.  However,
>> I _do_ think it reasonable to expect that job listings from
>> outside agents or recruiters should have some direct relevance
>> to working with Linux or Open Source.
>>
>> My .02
>>
>> peace
>> aaron
>>

>> On 2009, Sep, 27, , at 12:20 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
>>> I moderate the jobs list. As a _general_ rule the use or at least
>>> mention of Linux is required for posting on the Linux list.
>>> That said, if it's a real job job related to IT, I approve it even if
>>> it lacks Linux goodness.
>>>
>>> Besides, pretty much anyone on the list runs/uses Linux and will
>>> likely install Linux at the new job to solve a proble and that suits
>>> me just fine :-)

Sent from my mobile device

.!# RichardBronosky #!.