[ale] Let's Party! (To celebrate computer viruses!)

Michael B. Trausch mbt at zest.trausch.us
Wed Sep 23 14:17:20 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 12:59 -0400, aaron wrote:
> Sincere apologies to Ryan here, but Mafia$oft,
> Windisease and Blista7 are the only ways to begin
> to accurately communicate the insidious nature
> of this extortionist corporation and the virally
> diseased products they spread.

Or, expressed with slightly less obvious bias:  Windows lacks a sound
philosophy for compartmentalized software and is, has been, and will be
until its death vulnerable to all sorts of problems stemming from poorly
thought out design and implementation.  Even worse, the company is and
historically has been a very good _business_, in the sense that they
know how to get the money, regardless of the social, security, or other
implications.

Of course, I think many of us could go on and on and on, but really.
Let's at least be adult about it and call it like it is, without
resorting to childish wordplay and dysphemisms.  After all, they have
given us enough to work with without making ourselves look like the
imbeciles we already know they are.  It gets old.

	--- Mike

--
Blog:  http://mike.trausch.us/blog/
Misc. Software:  http://mike.trausch.us/software/

“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too
high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving
our mark.” —Michelangelo