[ale] idiocy rant.

George Allen glallen01 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 12:03:56 EDT 2009

I believe they are often wearing blinders to think only 'ARCGIS'
whenever they think maps or geographic data. I don't believe most
bureaucracies have made the jump from closed GIS systems that require
a dedated GIS person to generate each map/point/query to the web
systems with databases, standard APIs, and easily created mashups that
we are used to.

Then again- I'd prefer my organization to use LaTeX and svn/git for
collaboration instead of Word and Outlook. You get full history,
version control, branches, but that's never going to happen...

--
Sent from my mobile device