[ale] OT:Is it me or

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 15:12:52 EDT 2009

Is it me or does it seem that Micro$haft has quietly been again taking
control of the web? I used to be able to view videos on the local
channels and today I got must have Micro$haft Server blah blah. As soon
as I saw Micro$haft I stopped reading the message. That was on
11Alive.com. Got similar things on WSBTV.com and CBS46.com. I am unable
to view Jay Leno now, that's when I first noticed a big change. I used
to be able to watch NBC videos, but now all I see is an enlarged NBC
peacock logo flashing. It doesn't seem to matter whether I have FF UA
set to M$ iExploder on Blista or XP, or if I use iE 6.0 via CrossOver.
Even Weatherchannel seems to be less responsive on FF on Linux. My son
has FF on WinXP and it's more responsive and if he uses iE it more
things seem to work that I don't even see. This has been within the last
couple of weeks.