[ale] 2009/09/19 Beware Fedora Updates

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 07:30:48 EDT 2009

Now that I read the bug notices, yes, removing compiz would have been
sufficient. Work laptop, however, required that I get back up and
going ASAP so I just didn't do any digging. Now that I know what the
failure point was, I'll dump that file and restore all of my old
settings. Thanks for the details!

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Brian Pitts <brian at polibyte.com> wrote:
> On 09/19/2009 11:41 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
>> Thanks for pointing that out. I forgot to send notice to the list last
>> week as I got hit by those. The solution was to manually copy over
>> parts of the .gconf structure after removing it to a new name. The
>> system would create a new default one. The issue was somewhere in the
>> system substructure.
>
> For me, I had to remove the file that enabled compiz. It's at
> ~/.gconf/desktop/gnome/session/required_components/%gconf.xml
>
> --
> All the best,
> Brian Pitts

James P. Kinney III