[ale] OT: Networks

Scott Denlinger scott at scottdenlinger.com
Tue Sep 15 19:25:44 EDT 2009

I'll put in my plug for Kurose and Ross. _Computer Networking: a Top-Down
Approach Featuring the Internet_. Unlike a lot of textbooks, this one starts at
the application layer and works DOWN to the physical layer. It also has separate
chapters on multimedia networking and network security. My 2nd edition is from
2004 or so, and I see according to Amazon that it's up to the 6th edition by
now.

It's aimed at mid-level students or above, so it sounds like it would be the
right level for someone with technical knowledge, just not in networking.

Good luck. It's fun to get paid to learn stuff!

Scott Denlinger