[ale] Help with server setup

Craig Button craigb.rn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 17:26:30 EDT 2009

I've been a linux desktop user for a long time 12+ years I think. I have
never done a server set up though.

I'm looking to set up a server for a small non proffit, for their use only.
(the group provides scholorships to nursing students).  Prob about 25 users
from aroudn the country.  I'm looking for Web page, file sharing, and a
discusion forum, with possibly a live chat function, but that isn't really
needed.  I'm looking for suggestions for a set up than a non tech kind of
guy can handle.  I still use command line IRC and am comfortble with command
lines but that's about it.

Thanks in advance

Craig