[ale] IPv6 routing issues

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Thu Sep 3 11:53:35 EDT 2009

Hi ALE,

I installed the freenet6.net IPv6 tunnel client (tspc) on my Ubuntu box,
and it establishes a tunnel successfully using my account credentials.
However, I can't get a reply from ping6'ing any remote host -- "No
route to host".

So, hmm, I guess it's a routing problem.  And in fact "ip route list"
reveals no IP6 routing info.  Google is rife with advice to set up a
default IP6 route via the tunnel device:

   ip route add ::/0 dev sit1

But this does not help at all.  Further, the route does not even seem
to be added (even though the "ip route" command succeeds): subsequently,

   ip route list dev sit1

returns no entries, and a plain "ip route list" shows nothing that
looks like the IP6 route I just added.

Any help?

TIA,

-- JK