[ale] testing firegpg with mailman

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 13:39:22 EST 2009

So we have now verified that the problem is NOT mailman but FireGPG (it _is_
beta software). We have sent signatured email from non-firegpg and
successfully read them with both firegpg and other email readers. This
eliminates mailman from mangling gpg sigs generically.

We have also sent firegpg through ale to firegpg and the sig is good in
Firegpg only. My emails all come through Ale's mailman with intact signature
yet non firegpg users report errors.

This indicates to me that firegpg has an outbound error that breaks other
readers but is also inversely flawed on the read as firegpg will report
correct signature on messages it sends and then reads. Thus it can correct
the error.

I suspect a broken mime parser is adding then removing the spurious
linefeed. Time for a bug report.
James P. Kinney III