[ale] Removing the windisease from netbooks (another one cured)

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sat Nov 28 11:34:52 EST 2009

I've got UNR running on my D250.  I was running off USB and they system
was horribly unstable.  Sometimes it would boot sometimes it would hang
in the process.  When I would enter my key for wireless the screen would
go black and it would be locked up. Disabling ACPI seemed to fix these
issues but then the wireless failed to work.

I went ahead and did the install and stability does seem to be present
now.  I'm doing the update over wireless.  That is working.  I've not
tested the Ethernet port yet to make sure it works.

I was going to keep this thing windows and sometimes I have good
intentions of doing it but my nature is that Linux must be running and
after a few minutes live booting UNR I was on a mission to get it on the
system :)