[ale] Virus Removal

Nicholas Wilson wilsonnck at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 09:48:29 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 06:40 -0500, Chris Fowler wrote:
> For those that have been following the sales, SAM's Club has an Acer
> Netbook for $199.  I bought one but must warn you that I found a virus
> on it.
>
> Seems to be the WindowsXP virus.  Nasty booger. What Ubuntu distribution
> is made for this unit and will assist in removing this horrendous virus?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

I just bought one of them myself from Target (same price) and Ubuntu
9.10 Netbook Remix has the virus off for now until archlinux can settle
in. Everything works out of the box except the integrated mic, which I
haven't spent the time yet to figure out. I am loving the slick
interface canonical put together for these smaller screens.