[ale] Encrypted filesystem on netbook

Andrew Grieser agrieser at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 20:48:54 EST 2009

For LUKS, what's the feasibility of mounting that from another system?
Also, is there any real difference between encrypted home directory
and "Private" directory (in terms of security) ?

The performance issue on a netbook is why I was interested in
encrypting only the things that need to be encrypted, rather than the
entire drive.