[ale] mp3 player

Andrew Grieser agrieser at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 10:29:18 EST 2009

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 09:07:03AM -0500, Richard Bronosky wrote:
> At least in the past the Sansas needed windows to do firmware
> upgrades. This especially pissed my dad off when he opened the package
> and saw one of those "taped on at the last minute" notices that the
> firmware needed to updated before using.

Actually, that's not true. By default, when you go to their website it tries to get you to download some windows program to automatically update the firmware, but you don't have to use it. You can just download the firmware, extract it in the player, reboot, and you've got new firmware.

I don't think the updates are necessary either, but they usually do offer new functionality. I was pleasantly surprised when I updated and got flac support.

Andrew