[ale] mp3 player

Andrew Grieser agrieser at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 22:12:01 EST 2009

I have a Sansa Clip (4Gb, ~$40) that I really like. It plays mp3, ogg, flac, and a few others. When you plug it into the computer, it shows up as a USB storage device, and has a folder called "Music", so you just click and drag files onto it.

I actually use it quite a bit for podcasts / audiobooks, and it does well with those too.

My brother has an ipod, and got the Clip just as something small/cheap to use when running. Since getting it he almost never uses the ipod. I borrowed his Clip briefly, liked it, and ended up buying one for myself.

Keep in mind though, it's a small player (4 Gb). So if you want to haul around a 20 Gb music collection, it's not going to cut it.

My only complains are:
    You can't use it while charging it. If you planned to use it a lot in the car, this could be a deal breaker.
    Internal battery is non replaceable.

-Andrew