[ale] Keys for the keysigning!

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Tue Nov 17 17:59:58 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 17:34 -0500, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> Hello all!

> It's very important that you get your PGP/GPG public keys into the
> keyring as soon as possible for Thursday's key party.  You MUST send the
> complete public key, not just the KeyID and fingerprint.  This is using
> GPG to create a real keyring for this event which others can then
> download for their convenience.  You can export your key to an ascii
> encoded key file and may be sent as an inline text insertion or may be
> attached as a Mime attachment.  If you are using PGP, you can use the
> "Send Key" option under key management and this should work as well.

Details...

Send your public key to: alekeyparty at wittsend.com

I use a 30 minute gray-lister so your key probably will not show up for
a half an hour or so.

You can check to see if your key is in the keyring by checking the
fingerpints on this page:

http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/alekeysign.2009/fingerprints.html

That page includes a link to the real keyring, but DO NOT download that
keyring prior to the meeting (other than the people running the show) to
allow for last minute additions.  Late comers will also be able to add
their keys and anyone can add signataures just by sending signed public
keys to the above address.  The keyring is there for your convenience.
Use the keyring or the public key servers for signed keys as you like.
I will maintain the keyring there until the NEXT keysigning party.

> Regards,
> Mike

Regards,
Mike